This recipe super simple to throw together and leave on while you’re at work and come home to something spicy, robust, and delicious.
- Pork butt (about 4lbs)
- 1 cup Beef broth or beef stock
- Half an onion
- 1 can Tomato paste
Spices: (1 TSP of all)
- Ground chili powder
- Italian herb mix
- 2 bay leaves
Prep (5 minutes):
- Chop onions and mince garlic
- Mix spices
- Brown all sides of pork butt with olive oil in a pan.
- Place meat in crock pot.
- Pour juices from pan into crock pot.
- Add beef stock (I used bone broth I made).
- Spread the can of tomato paste on all sides of the pork butt with a knife.
- Pour the spices evenly over the meat.
- Add the chopped onions and garlic on the top of pork.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Take meat out of crock pot and use 2 forks to pull apart.
- Place shredded meat back into the crock pot so it can soak up the juices.