Fall can be a crazy time for everyone. Make sure you are getting the most out of your training by reducing stress with these simple changes. The bolded tips are basically free so NO EXCUSES!
- Eat clean! Paleo, elimination diet, etc. — you know what works for you. And yes, this means no or little drinking.
- Sleep 8-9 hours a night. We know how busy you are, but do your BEST!
- DRINK WATER!
“Studies have shown that being just half a liter dehydrated can increase your cortisol levels.” Read more here.
How much should you be drinking per day? 37ml/kg of body weight per day.
So if you weigh 140lbs = 63 kg x 37 ml = 2.3 liters per day
- Add lemon or lime to raise your pH level.Read about the benefits here.
- Take a walk in the woods. Yup, it actually helps.
- Be zen and meditate! Just 20 minutes = 2 hours of sleep. A simple technique is reverse counting.
- Get good vitamin D3 levels.
- Use a quality Fish Oil – if you need help figuring out how much you need – ask us!
- Start a Grateful Journal.
- Use Probiotics. They “have the potential to lower systemic inflammatory cytokines, decrease oxidative stress, improve nutritional status…”